Parents play an important role in the education of their children, and can support the efforts of school staff in maintaining a safe and respectful learning environment for all students.
As part of the GIS Parent/Student handbook, all parents are expected to:
- Show an active interest in their child’s school work and progress.
- Communicate regularly with the school.
- Help their child be neat, appropriately dressed, and prepared for school.
- Ensure that their child attends school regularly and on time.
- Promptly report to the school their child’s absence or late arrival.
- Show that they are familiar with the school rules.
- Encourage and assist their child in following all the school rules.
- Assist school staff in dealing with disciplinary issues involving their child.
- Stay out of any activity that will negatively impact the positive atmosphere of the school or the scool climate.
- Abide by the parent/student handbook.
The school does not tolerate any kind of bullying, intimidation, verbal and/or physical harassment towards its administrators, staff, students, volunteers, or any other member of the school community. GIS reserves the right to deny access to the school property of any person who shows or expresses any kind of violence or disrespect towards any member of the school community or involves in any activity that could negatively impact the positive atmosphere of the school.
Parent Dress Code
GIS is an Islamic school, and in order for us to set a good example for our students, we request that if parents wish to visit or volunteer at the school or go out on school-related activities, that they observe Islamic manners, attire and etiquette.